A Forrester research show that a lot of online consumers want help from a live and real person while they are shopping online; in fact, 44% of online consumers say that having questions answered by a live person while in the middle of an online purchase is one of the most important features a Web site can offer. Proactive chat can provide this kind of customer support, ultimately achieving multiple business goals for eBusiness professionals, including reducing abandonment, improving conversions, and driving customer satisfaction. Implementing proactive chat can be a complex process that requires aligning multiple business areas.No matter which service or support channel a customer chooses – the customer experience must be positive. Web chat has many benefits for the customer including the ability to multi-task, which is a welcome advantage for people with busy schedules.
However, the customer’s experience can be less than favorable if the live chat agent uses too many scripted lines, fails to personalize comments, or asks questions irrelevant to the customer’s need.
Pay attention about this 10 tips:
- Be Proactive
- Starting from Where Your Customers Abandon Your Website
- Customize Chat Content Based on Unique Criteria
- Always Offer Chat in the Shopping Cart or Sign-Up Page
- Customize Welcome Messages
- Don’t Over-Personalize
- Communicate Clearly
- Express a Willingness to Serve
- Grammar Counts
- Agent Skills Count
Consider these four best practices when implementing live chat and you’ll see happier customers, to reduced cost of operations and improved profits.
To understand what are the guidelines to follow when you want to provide a live chat service, below you will find small tips to maximize their effectiveness.
- Avoid chat button styles and designs that blend with the content and the background of the web page, making them attractive and insert widjet ‘pop-up’ on the page where consumers take note of their location and availability.
- Enter the chat buttons on the title of each web page. If placed at the top of the page, are quickly and easily recognized by consumers which allows you to increase your conversion rate.
- Keep visitors on your site while they engage with your social media. A connectivity toolbar on each webpage will create an integrated social shopping experience for website visitors by allowing them to engage with your social content without leaving your site. When used in conjunction with “parked” proactive invitations, connectivity toolbars achieve the highest conversion rate on non-inventory pages.
- Make sure the placement and design of chat buttons are consistent on all pages. Consistency allows users to easily recall chat button locations and readily engage in chat without having to search into the website.
Vivocha is multichannel, allowing communication via Chat, VoIP, CallBack, Video and email, to let visitors choose what they like the most. Request a demo to learn more.